London, United Kingdom
15 days ago
EnQuest is an independent oil and gas development and production company, focused on turning opportunities into value by targeting maturing assets and undeveloped oil fields. We are the largest UK independent oil producer in the UK North Sea, and have also established a presence in oil basins outside the UK North Sea, as part of our long term growth strategy.
Fundamental to EnQuest’s success to date is our greatest asset – our people. Their talent, expertise, knowledge, experience and commitment have delivered remarkable results and we continue to look for the same attributes in prospective new employees as we pursue plans for further development in the UKCS and internationally.
The Tax Manager will report to the Group Head of Tax and will join the existing small team which is currently based in Aberdeen at the core of business activity within the group. The role will primarily focus on North Sea tax but will also support the Head of Tax with group and international matters as required. The candidate should be someone who is looking to develop their experience with an innovative operator and who enjoys a dynamic fast paced environment.
Depending on the candidate the role could be based in Aberdeen or London.
- Advising the business on tax matters including keeping business aware of latest tax developments;
- Corporation Tax compliance including both oil & gas ring fence Corporation Tax and mainstream Corporation Tax;
- Dealing with HM Revenue & Customs enquiries, audits and meetings;
- Forecasting of tax for group, budgetary and planning purposes;
- Group and statutory reporting including liaison with group auditors
- Petroleum Revenue Tax compliance and advisory support to business;
- Indirect tax compliance and advisory support to business;
- Supporting Head of Tax with group tax and project work including business development, M&A and international tax;
- Supporting Head of Tax with development of tax team and other finance initiatives;
- Supporting Head of Tax with government lobbying and industry tax representations;
- Supporting Head of Tax with development and implementation of tax strategy;
- Supporting Head of Tax with reporting cycles (month ends, half year, full year, liaising with external auditor);
- Deputising for Head of Tax in his absence
- CTA/CA/ACCA Qualified;
- Industry experience with an oil and gas operator or experience in professional practice serving energy clients;
- Desirable to have UK M&A & divestment experience
- Previous experience of ring fence Corporation Tax and Petroleum Revenue Tax;
- Familiarity with indirect taxes;
- Well organised and motivated with attention to detail;
- Analytical and willing to challenge accepted wisdom;
- Confident communicator with ability to connect and engage with range of audiences including senior management and non-finance professionals;
- At home in a small team willing to get into details and cover for others as needed;
- Keen to develop and accept new challenges including opportunity to provide tax input to international