4 months ago
Titan Advanced Energy Solutions
Are you an experienced (5+ years) Systems Engineer with multi-discipline expertise looking to join an innovative and dynamic team? Does the thought of enabling higher adoption of renewable energy and zero emission mobility globally get you excited?
Located in Salem, MA Titan Advanced Energy Solutions develops industry-leading, ultrasound-based battery diagnostics systems for applications in the 2nd life market for re-purposing used EV batteries as well as battery management systems for electric vehicles, consumer electronics, and stationary storage.
This role requires the candidate to learn new skills quickly and become familiar with a broad set of technical domains from PCB-level electronics to ultrasound transducers as well as advanced signal processing and manufacturing. We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to work with us on an array of cross-disciplinary projects including ultrasound transducers – from typical PZT crystal-based transducers to MEMS-based PMUTs and CMUTs and thin-film transducers.
The perfect candidate will have a strong background in the practical and theoretical operation of ultrasound. However, applied physics or mechanical engineering expertise including wave theory and wave propagation with an ability to learn quickly would work. In addition, a successful candidate for this role will have strong collaboration and communication skills as well as an ability to work well with and coordinate external vendors and suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design of system solutions for proof of concept (PoC) and demonstration systems and reference designs.
- Perform solution trade space analysis against the top-level requirements (technology, cost, performance, etc.)
- Develop requirements and characterization procedures for components and technology necessary for PoC and demo systems.
- Evaluate and analyze product-level and system-level performance.
- Interface with and manage 3rd parties including external vendors, suppliers, and contractors to achieve component and technology requirements.
- Contribute to system level validation and test plans.
- Communicate across disciplines while interacting with other teams to understand shared objectives and priorities.
- Understand company strategy and anticipate future needs.
- Advanced degree in Engineering Science and Mechanics, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Materials Science and Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the development of multi-discipline systems and products.
- Good planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Comfort and experience with learning new technologies.
- Passion for clean energy, a systems-thinking perspective and a desire to take an active part in shaping a new paradigm
- Ultrasound experience: NDT or Medical imaging
- Full lifecycle product development experience (from concept through production and support)
- Bias to action and entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative and capable of building consensus internally and externally
- Compassionate and highly empathetic
- Trustworthy & full of integrity
Titan welcomes applicants from every background – our diversity helps us thrive and serve our customers and each other. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs, without discrimination or bias. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.