4 months ago
Titan Advanced Energy Solutions
We invite applications for a Senior Signal Processing Engineer to work in multichannel ultrasound signal processing and modeling.
Located in Salem, MA, Titan Advanced Energy Solutions (Titan) is developing and producing ultrasound-based battery management diagnostic systems for lithium-ion batteries for the consumer electronics, automotive, storage, and second-life markets. Our goal is to provide fast and accurate estimates of state of charge (SoC) and state of health (SoH). By measuring battery states with improved accuracy, we provide significant benefits to the whole value chain, including an increase in daily usable charge capacity, longer battery life, and improved safety monitoring and control. This will provide benefits to manufacturers, integrators, producers, and consumers.
Titan’s innovative strides have been recognized with numerous awards and funding from top clean energy programs and institutions, including Greentown Labs, the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC) and the Department of Energy. Growing and poised to continue on their positive momentum, this is an exciting time to join the Titan team!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop algorithms to extract features from multi-channel ultrasound signals
- Write proposals and carry out in-house research to answer questions relative to company goals
- Conduct statistical tests on signals and features to extract actionable insights
- Conduct independent quantitative and qualitative research in new signal processing features
- Work with data scientists to create and deploy advanced machine learning algorithms
- Interpret and align algorithm specifications to industry performance standards
- Prepare and maintain programs and documentation for analytic models
- Maintain concise descriptions of algorithm design specifications and performance evaluations
- MS/PhD in engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics, or similar
- 5+ years related experience
- Strong coding skills in Python
- Strong knowledge of statistics and machine learning methods including the mathematical underpinnings of these methods
- Superb communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Interest to learn new methods as needed
- Independent, efficient, and able to manage several concurrent projects
- Familiarity with wave propagation in layered medium
- Experience with first-principles modeling of ultrasonic properties of materials
- Experience in a lean, start-up
- Compassionate and highly empathetic
- Trustworthy & full of integrity
- Bias to action and entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative and capable of building consensus internally and externally
Learn more at www.titanaes.com
Titan welcomes applicants from every background – our diversity helps us thrive and serve our customers and each other. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs, without discrimination or bias. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.