$90,000 to $120,000 + benefits
SME - Upstart
8 months ago
Upstart Power, Inc
Upstart Power Inc was founded in July 2017 to make small scale Solid Oxide Fuel Cell (SOFC) Systems a commercial reality. In 2018 we completed the acquisition of the SOFC business from Ballard Power Systems, introduced our concept system and signed distribution and supplier agreements. 2020 promises to be an incredibly exciting year for us; we have finalized a material investment in the business, and our field trials are exceeding expectations.
Due to this success, we are hiring a Senior Mechanical Engineer; this role will report into the VP of Product Development and Manufacturing and, dependant on experience, will have two junior Mechanical Engineers reporting into it.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is integral to Upstart’s success; as a small business, we must hire someone with a can-do attitude, attention to detail and a positive attitude.
As a minimum, you will hold a BSc in Mechanical Engineering and will possess demonstrable working experience in this field.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage specific system, sub-system design effort; this will involve taking high-level objectives and the ability to execute designs without a considerable amount of direct input.
- Propose solutions to address design challenges, including making an assessment of situations or data, and requiring evaluation of multiple factors and trade-offs.
- Create and track schedules for mechanical engineering activities.
- Work with the VP of Engineering to determine budgets and associated timelines.
- Work with vendors and peers to ensure on-time delivery of materials, including well-defined expectations for next steps.
- Build and test design product iterations, including intermediate prototypes.
- Document all design outputs and test results.
Key skills needed:
- Knowledge of top-down design techniques.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks PDM.
- Working knowledge of fluidics, mechanics, heat transfer and materials.
- Knowledge of good engineering practices, including drafting standards and tolerance analysis methods.
- Prior project management skills would be highly desirable.
If you are interested in this role, please apply on-line with a recent CV, and Heidi Thomas from the recruitment team will be in touch to tell you more.