over 2 years ago
Fjord are searching for a Senior Category Lead for our upstream Oil and Gas client based in Aberdeen. This role will report to the Category Team Lead within Supply Chain.
You will be responsible for managing the evaluation and integration of complex customer requirements often demanding innovative solutions supporting our 24/7 operations. Focus will be on HSE&A and creating value and delivering service excellence through applying efficient supply chain principles in helping the business achieve top quartile performance.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate sound experience in negotiation and drafting of UKCS supply chain agreements including working knowledge of commercial and contractual terms and conditions. You will also be able to demonstrate in depth experience of sourcing activities for large multimillion-dollar contracts. Comprehensive understanding of the key strategic drivers relevant to upstream operations and the risks that require to be understood and mitigated against is essential.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Delivering integrated Supply Chain support in an Exploration and Production (E&P) environment - across categories that relate to Engineering, Integrity and Production Operations.
- Demonstrating strong stakeholder focus with advanced experience in Pre and Post contract management.
- Implementing and maintaining a safe production environment, abiding by and reinforcing Company’s HSE&A policy.
- Implementing effective Category Management for select areas of spend and undertake effective Contractor Performance Managing Programs to position both the company and contractor for success.
- Championing change associated with the consolidation and preferred management approach towards existing contracts.
- Providing excellent service to all users balancing value, expediency and efficiency.
- Undertaking contract negotiation and management to ensure that commercial standards are being adhered to and risk exposure is mitigated accordingly.
- Participating in the delivery of an effective supplier performance management program.
- Undertaking market analysis and trends.
- Lean process management and re-engineering as required to maximise efficiency in the Contracts function and lead continuous operational/contractor improvement.
- Evaluating and managing supplier risks through systematic audit procedures.
- Active participation in supply chain initiatives.
Qualifications and skills:
- A working knowledge of Oil & Gas Supply Chain in the relevant areas of business
- Experience with effective Contractor Performance Management Programs
- Well versed in Contract structures, templates, formats with special emphasis on LOGIC
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of contracting within an ERP application
If you are interested, please apply on-line.