6 months ago
Titan Advanced Energy Solutions
Are you an experienced (5 to 10 years) Battery System Engineer with multi-discipline expertise looking to join an innovative and dynamic team? Does the thought of enabling higher adoption of renewable energy and zero emission mobility globally get you excited?
Located in Salem, MA Titan Advanced Energy Solutions develops industry-leading, ultrasound-based battery diagnostics systems for applications in the 2nd life market for re-purposing used EV batteries as well as battery management systems for electric vehicles, consumer electronics, and stationary storage.
This role requires the candidate to learn new skills quickly and become familiar with a broad set of technical domains from PCB-level electronics to battery management system (BMS) algorithms and ultrasound technology. We are looking for a Senior Battery System Engineer to develop future BMS technology by integrating our ultrasound technology into a modern BMS. The ideal candidate has experience developing and commercializing robust battery management solutions for consumer, industrial, telecom or automotive products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Battery management system design and integration of ultrasound technology
- Design of system solutions for proof of concept (PoC) and demonstration systems and reference designs.
- Evaluate and analyze product-level and system-level performance.
- Contribute to system level validation and test plans.
- Communicate across disciplines while interacting with other teams to understand shared objectives and priorities.
- Understand company strategy and anticipate future needs.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of electrical engineering and direct battery experience.
- Knowledge of BMS circuitry including cell balancing techniques and fuel gauging.
- Strong communication skills.
- Comfort and experience with learning new technologies.
- Passion for clean energy, a systems-thinking perspective and a desire to take an active part in shaping a new paradigm.
- Prior experience in designing circuits and/or control algorithms for energy storage systems or EV applications.
- Full lifecycle product development experience (from concept through production and support) .
- Bias to action and entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative and capable of building consensus internally and externally
- Compassionate and highly empathetic
- Trustworthy & full of integrity
Titan welcomes applicants from every background – our diversity helps us thrive and serve our customers and each other. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs, without discrimination or bias. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.