20 days ago
Upstart Power, Inc
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Senior Accountant will play an important role in the operational accounting activities for Upstart Power. Working closely with the purchasing and manufacturing teams, you will have a keen understanding of inventory and will take a lead on monthly and quarterly reporting under US GAAP, making improvements to the process where necessary. Critical to your success will be the implementation of an ERP system that is able to support the business as we grow. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a Junior Accountant.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Lead and coordinate monthly closing, reconciliations and review.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across the accounting department.
- Prepare recurring journal entries, accruals and allocations.
- Drive qualitative improvements in accounting, reporting and controls to become more efficient and effective to reduce/eliminate control deficiencies.
- Facilitate the production of the annual budget documents including analyses to explain variances in financial results versus plan.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce policies and procedures using GAAP principles.
- Interact with department heads to provide ad hoc financial analysis for the departments.
- Assist in the implementation of a new ERP system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Seeking candidates with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Background in cost accounting and manufacturing.
- Experience with an ERP system (SAGE or similar).
- Advanced command of Excel and working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint/Teams.
- Problem-solving mindset with a hunger for excellence and accuracy.
- Previous line management experience is a bonus.