$100,000 to $120,000 dependant on experience
19 days ago
Upstart Power, Inc
PRIMARY EMPLOYMENT OBJECTIVES
The Manufacturing Manager will establish a pilot production operation and be responsible for all onsite manufacturing operations. The manufacturing manager will provide people-centric leadership and process management needed to ensure that the manufacturing teams meet demand requirements on time, at best cost and with world-class quality while maintaining a safe work environment.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Product Engineering Group to transition Upgen product from engineering builds to pilot production
- Establish initial production capability and grow operational capacity to meet early customer demand.
- Through leadership, training and mentoring, establish, grow and maintain an outstanding team with a focus on high quality and responsiveness.
- Manage all Production Activities to achieve production goals
- Drive a continuous improvement mindset throughout the Manufacturing organization with a focus on visual management, standard work and structured problem solving
- Responsible for a safe work environment and recommending and implementing safety improvements as needed.
- Ensure production schedules are achieved to support assembly operations and customer requirements.
- Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective action for non-conformances in performance or quality.
- Schedule work based on the production plan. Manage plan changes as required due to order flow or material position changes.
- Oversee material planning and purchasing needs. Run MRP system, issue purchase orders, and manage all material from supplier to dock.
- Provide shipping and receiving functions for domestic, international and hazardous material. Use third-party logistics functions as required.
- Manage inventory position and movement of material. Provide cycle counts and control of discrepant materials as needed.
- Manage customer returns to process repairs or enhancements.
- Provide leadership to Quality Management System.
- Provide leadership for facility maintenance.
- Prepare budgets, manpower need and capital needed to meet production plan.
- Report on production metrics including on-time delivery, yields and inventory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a startup environment a plus
- Position requires a person who is self-motivated and proactive.
- Ability to lead the staff in a collaborative and accountable positive team atmosphere.
- Highly motivated problem solver and meticulous attention to detail.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to accomplish objectives with effective organizational skills that support corporate goals.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and ERP software.
- A high level of demonstrated technical proficiency and aptitude.
- Open-minded, willing to learn new things, and innovative in thinking and problem-solving.