7 months ago
Upstart Power, Inc
Manufacturing Engineer impacts the organization through their focus on developing and implementing optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; and coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Product Development to transition Upgen product from engineering builds to pilot production.
- Establish initial production capability and grow operational capacity to meet customer demand
- Investigate and initiate corrective action on manufacturing problems arising in the manufacture of one or more of the following: parts and materials, assembly of mechanical, electrical, electronic or electromechanical units, assemblies, subsystems and systems or manufacturing problems associated with the inspection and/or testing of organization produced products.
- Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective action for non-conformances in performance or quality.
- Review and evaluate proposed and processed engineering changes and/or other specification requirements and performs technical liaison with production planning and engineering personnel.
- Process drawing changes on production released material and coordinates these changes with manufacturing and support groups.
- Review specifications, work instructions, drawings and other supporting documents.
- Provide training to other workers who are in the production department of the organization.
- Calculate production cost, time involved, existing production resources, staff resources and prepare and present estimates and recommendations to the organization as well as anticipate upcoming manufacturing requirements and collaborate with management to ensure alignment with overall company plans and strategy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2+ to 5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- Experience with electromechanical systems preferred
- Experience working with machined metals and processes (brazing, cladding, etc) a plus
- Experience working in a startup environment a plus
- Position requires a person who is self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to accomplish objectives
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and ERP software.
- A high level of demonstrated technical proficiency and aptitude
- Open-minded, willing to learn new things, and innovative in thinking and problem-solving