almost 2 years ago
Fjord are excited to present this exciting opportunity for a qualified (CIMA / ACCA / ACA) Financial Planning / Management Accountant to join a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company based in West London. This is a newly created role reporting into a Senior Planning Accountant.
This role sits within the Corporate Accounting team and is responsible for management accounting and forecasting for the general and administration (G&A) and head office entities. You will be responsible for preparing monthly management accounts, facilitating quarterly forecasting and you will have involvement in the annual budgeting process, leading the process for recording and recharging travel costs.
You will be a tenacious and credible individual who is able to sit down with key stakeholders to prepare budgets, challenge actuals v forecast.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Producing monthly G&A reports with commentary
- Ensuring accurate data collection of G&A costs within the SAP accounting system and Cognos Management Information System
- Educating budget holders on RTP process
- Executing month end processes in SAP and Cognos including allocations, accruals and forecasts in relation to G&A, P&L and Cashflow
- Monthly reconciliation of Travel Control Account
- Involvement in annual work programme & budget process for London general and administration costs, time writing and allocations
- Analysing expenditure and making cost control recommendations.
In order to be successful in this position, you will have demonstrable experience of the following:
- Experience providing management information and reporting.
- Knowledge and experience of general and administration / head office costs
- Experience working with time based allocation systems
- Stakeholder management and excellent communication skills
- SAP or similar ERP system
- Cognos BI or similar MI system
This is a progressive business that believes in flexible working and diversity and inclusion.
If you are interested, please apply on-line ASAP and I will be in touch to tell you more. Agency interviews are w/c 5thAugust.