about 1 year ago
Fjord is excited to be working exclusively with a growing renewables business based in Buckinghamshire to hire an experienced Head of People to lead on key people-centric programs to deliver the annual people agenda, including talent management, performance management, developing and fostering a great culture to drive employee experience.
Reporting to the Chief HR Officer, this newly created role will offer you the opportunity to help shape the division and focus of HR as the business grows and expands its offerings.
We are looking for someone with a hands-on approach, backed up with a detailed understanding of all the core HR disciplines. This is a high-growth environment, so enthusiasm for getting stuck in and making things happen is key, but you be equally comfortable helping shape the HR strategy.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a scale-up environment, but also be able to bring experience from a larger business with an international presence (as this is where the business plans to be longer-term).
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Implement, execute and deliver exciting HR projects
- Champion the talent agenda, develop and retain the highest calibre individuals through talent mapping, succession planning, reward incentives, creating clear career paths and putting in place compelling development opportunities
- Assist with organisation design, change programmes and culture programmes
- Champion the already-caring culture and embed company values through inspiring initiatives and identifying opportunities
- Act as advisory on HR related matters with people-centric solutions and curiosity for best practice
- Adopt and adapt existing HR practices and policies, developing local approaches to manage an effective People function
- Provide professional HR support and guidance to managers while ensuring compliance with relevant country HR best practice/policy
- HR Analytics; providing business insights, utilising reports, dashboards and analytics to deliver on initiatives
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Psychology or Human Resources. CIPD level 7 or above qualification is hugely desirable
- Strong change management and project management experience
- Ability to translate commercial, business objectives into meaningful HR activities to support growth
- Talent acquisition experience, managing the end-to-end process, including a focus on diversity and inclusion
- You will have passion and understanding of the importance of being a people-first business, have an interest / prior insight into employee lifecycle, HR policy and UK employment law
- Working knowledge of UK employment Law with solid transactional/operational (procedures and policies) HR experience. International experience ideally within APAC and US labour markets would be highly desirable
It is essential that you possess exceptional listening, communication, emotional intelligence and rapport building skills. You must have a desire to help and support and be tactful in your approach.