almost 2 years ago
Fjord are working in partnership with a leading international service provider to the oil and gas production and processing industry, to hire a number of important group finance roles based out of their key Chennai hub, this one being the Group Reporting and Analysis Accountant.
This position reports directly to the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis will play an integral role in providing a consummate financial planning and analysis service to a range of stakeholders across locations such as Aberdeen, UAE and the UK – great communication skills are essential.
To be clear, this is a group role and won’t sit within a shared service centre. You will be a qualified accountant and must be able to demonstrate relevant group finance experience. Your daily activities and therefore experience needed include:
- Assisting with the accurate and efficient preparation of the Group Overall Analytical Review (OAR) of the interim and full year financial results
- Assisting with the preparation and analysis of Group budget, business plan and quarterly forecasts
- Assisting with the preparation of management reporting and forecast Board of Director and Executive Committee reports
- Providing detailed analysis and reporting of functional departments
- Delivering the standardisation and automation of all internal management information and reporting (actual, budget, forecast results, functional reporting and OAR)
- Developing, delivering and analysing Management Information (MI) to the business in order to provide insights to allow business performance to be monitored and improved through the formulation of actions and strategic, tactical or operational decision making
It is important that you are able to consolidate information coming in from the various business units, challenging or critiquing where necessary in order to achieve the best possible outcome for the business. We are looking for people who can demonstrate real-life experience getting under the skin of what the commercial reality is that underpins the numbers coming through. You will challenge, question and truly drive analysis.
Another key element is the ability to work independently to find solutions and drive continuous improvement. The finance team are committed to process improvements and you will be given the opportunity to drive projects of this nature.
You will be a progressive thinker, resilient, have a high attention to detail, confident and committed to excellence.
Technically, you will be skilled in group consolidation processes, and have VBA / Macro level Excel experience. An awareness of Power BI would also be advantageous. Hyperion is the financial system being used.