£55,000 to £60,000 + £8,000 car allowance
5 months ago
Fjord is delighted to be offering an exciting permanent opportunity to market.
We are working with a construction and engineering company with a turnover of c.£800M to hire a Financial Accountant who will specialise in overheads accounting. This role reports into the Head of Group Reporting and will provide regular exposure to the CFO and CEO, as well as other key senior stakeholders.
In this role, you will be responsible for producing timely, accurate financial accounts; this will involve preparing information to support the consolidated group. Importantly, you will support functional heads with monthly overhead cost reporting, and analysis to budget, supporting the overall understanding of cost and prepare budgets and forecasts.
Key accountabilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide challenge to the Group Financial Controller and Head of Group Reporting around analysis and interpretation of actual and forecasted financial data.
- Total ownership and preparation of the monthly overhead reports for the UK overhead functions
- Act as a business partner to work closely with the Record to Report team, always acting as custodian of the value and integrity of the results
- Work closely with FP&A to prepare the annual budgets and quarterly reports
- Prepare journals as part of the month-end process and ensure you are correcting errors at source when you find them
Key skills and experience:
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified with some PQE experience
- Knowledge of FRS 102
- Practical working experience of overhead costs and budget v actual reporting
- Practical working experience of project accounting
- Ability to work with large amounts of transactional data, and understand timesheet cost allocation
- Excellent bookkeeping and reconciliation skills
- Attention to detail is non-negotiable
- Confident and able to challenge at a senior level
- Tenacious and friendly
If you are interested in learning more, please apply on-line; this is an urgent role and we’d ideally like someone available to start ASAP, but we will wait for the right candidate.