6 months ago
Titan Advanced Energy Solutions
Are you an experienced (5+ years) DevOps Software Engineer looking to join an innovative and dynamic team and the thought of enabling higher adoption of renewable energy and zero emission mobility globally gets you excited?
Located in Salem, MA Titan Advanced Energy Solutions develops and tests industry-leading, ultrasound-based battery diagnostics systems for applications in electric vehicles, consumer electronics, stationary storage, and 2nd life market for re-purposing of used EV batteries.
Titan’s innovative strides have been recognized with numerous awards and funding from top clean energy programs and institutions, including Greentown Labs, the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC) and the Department of Energy. Growing and poised to continue on their positive momentum, this is an exciting time to join the Titan team!
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the DevOps Software Engineer will work with our multi-disciplined, fast-pace team on a variety of interesting projects. We are looking for an independent thinker who is highly self-motivated, driven to achieve, goal and team-oriented, and passionate about clean technology. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for solving important problems with software in ways that leave users delighted and amazed. Your bias to action combined with a learning mindset allows you to take calculated risks and unlock opportunities along the way. You will work with a diverse team on an array of cross-disciplinary projects including deployment and other Dev Ops related activity, back-end and front-end web-technologies and a variety of software and scripting development work.
A successful candidate for this role will have solid software engineering fundamentals, experience deploying and maintaining software systems, experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment, and experience with continuous software quality improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform integration of software on targeted hardware platforms
- Contribute to development and execution of software testing
- Support on-going maintenance and updates, event handling, and reporting
- Contribute to implementation of software components
- Generate and maintain documentation as required
- Coordinate and manage the efforts of 3rd-parties, such as vendors or contractors
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years in deploying and maintaining software
- Git, GitHub Actions, GitLab CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience with Docker (docker-compose and swarm) and optionally Kubernetes
- Experience with React and Svelte
- NoSQL Document-based databases CouchDB/MongoDB
- SQL RDBMS PostgreSQL/CockroachDB
- Caching with Redis/Memcached
- In-depth knowledge of software development life cycle, software configuration management tools, and software release engineering
- Comfort and experience with learning new technologies, programming languages, and platforms
- Scrum as the agile framework for software development
- Passion for clean energy, a systems-thinking perspective and a desire to take an active part in shaping a new paradigm
- Good knowledge of AWS Cloud storage components
- Familiarity with database management – CouchDB or SQL
- Experience with Linux and shell scripting
- Experience with Jira
- Start-up experience a plus
- Bias to action, self-motivated and entrepreneurial spirit
- Attention to detail, effective time management, and pride in work
- Dependable, trustworthy, empathetic & full of integrity
- Strong collaborative communication skills; able to build consensus internally and externally
Learn more at www.titanaes.com
Titan welcomes applicants from every background – our diversity helps us thrive and serve our customers and each other. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs, without discrimination or bias. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.