24 days ago
Upstart Power, Inc
At Upstart, we believe that low emission power systems represent the future of electricity generation. We are revolutionizing distributed power by harnessing the best of fuel cells, solar and batteries to provide long-duration backup, replacing internal combustion engine generators in both home and commercial use.
Upstart is now hiring a Certification Engineer to be part of our growing team. We have finalized a material investment into the business and it's time to continue to develop and launch our products into the mass-market.
The Certification Engineer is a newly created role that will report to the VP of Engineering and is integral to Upstart’s success. In this role, you will look after all aspects of product certification, from developing the requirements to establishing ongoing relationships with certification agencies, implementing testing procedures internally, and working with external partners to fulfil audit requirements.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work with internal and external teams to develop product certification requirements, becoming SME for certification codes and standards within the business.
- Develop and maintain all relationships with certifying agencies, ensuring that certification compliance is a key consideration during all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Partner with internal teams to resolve issues related to testing and analysis; help to troubleshoot testing failures and work towards full product compliance.
- Create all the required documentation packages needed for product certification.
- Participate in external agency and regulatory audits as required.
As a startup business, we must hire someone with a can-do attitude, attention to detail and a positive mindset. As a minimum, you will hold a BSc in Engineering and will possess demonstrable working experience. If you are interested to learn more, please apply on-line and Anton Slaughter will be in touch to tell you more.